This show is presented with the permission of Music Theatre International. ACT is required to use their chosen streaming platform for this event. All tickets will be purchased through ShowTix4U. Just click on the “Buy Tickets” button below to be taken directly to the ShowTix4U page.
Please also scroll down to see how using this platform will make this show different from 2020 ACT virtual shows.
Streaming Performance Dates
We’ve added one more weekend of this show!
New dates: February 26, 27 at 7:30 pm
February 28 at 2 pm
$15 Individual Ticket- One person watching on one device
$30 Household Ticket- More than one person watching on one device
*There will be approximately $3.50 in ticketing fees per ticket. These are established by the streaming platform that we are required to use for this show.
When Varthur McArthur, the artistic director of a failing theater in Duluth, invites his troupe of disgruntled actors and collaborators to the first read of an “immersive murder mystery dinner party,” no one knew that he would be the victim. Or did they? Enter eager, determined, and untested Detective Case. After sequestering the guests into separate rooms (because, you know, social-distancing), she gets down to finding out whodunnit, uncovering secret affairs, life-long grudges, backstage drama, and a lot of musical theater song and dance. Sifting through lies and red herrings and a truly baffling murder mystery script left by the deceased, Case vows to find the truth and secure her future as a great detective.
With broad winks to Agatha Christie and the limitations of remote theater, A Killer Party is a cheerful lark…with a peppy, synth-filled pop score and smart, hooky lyrics.”
– Jesse Green, The New York Times
How Will This Show Be Different From 2020 Virtual Productions
This show was not filmed on ACT’s stage. In order to do a group musical, we went looking for one that was created for social distancing. A Killer Party was written to be filmed in the actors’ homes and then they are edited together to create a fun, quirky musical. (Future 2021 Virtual productions will be filmed on our stage, as we did in 2020.)
Most publishing companies now require theaters to use their streaming platform of choice. Therefore, all of our royalty-based shows will have differences in how shows are presented. A Killer Party will be hosted on ShowTix4U. Differences include:
- Ticketing Fees (We have adjusted our ticket prices to take this into account.)
- There are no ticket exchanges or refunds.. All sales are final.
- The show will not have a five hour viewing window. It begins promptly at the viewing time and if you log in late, you will have missed part of the show. (Just as if you arrived late to a live theatre production.) If this happens, you will not be refunded any of the ticket price.
- If you miss your show date, we aren’t able to exchange it for another date.
- If you forget a code or password, have trouble connecting to the show or have any other troubles with the online production, there is a 24 Hour Chat help through the ShowTix4U Website to help you right away.