All videos must be submitted by February 28, 2021.
What is “The Last Five Years”?
The Last Five Years is an emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The show’s unconventional structure consists of Cathy, the woman, telling her story backwards while Jamie, the man, tells his story chronologically; the two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show.
What will “The Last Five Years” look like?
Actors will be filmed separately aside from one scene where the characters meet in the middle of their story. The final product will be edited together, so that the actors appear to be on stage at the same time. The scene filmed together will be done with the utmost care, physical distancing, and barriers to protect the performers.
The production will be directed by Taylor Bannister and all rehearsals will be done over Zoom.
Rehearsals will take place March 8th thru April 16th. Actors must be available to film April 12th thru April 30th.
How Do I Audition?
Each actor should film themselves singing through the song attached to either Cathy or Jamie. There is also a short monologue for each character that should be filmed as well. Please stand when performing your musical portion. (See below for monologue, sheet music, and backing tracks.)
Actors need to fill out the online audition form below.
We will not be judging your camera skills. (You can prop up your phone, or stand in front of a computer. Do whatever works best for you.)
Here are a variety of options for submitting your audition video:
- You can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can upload it to our audition One Drive folder at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlAJJO43Oz7egaFMVZ51xvaeDgMLoQ?e=U4vEc5
- You can upload it to a private You Tube channel and send the link to email@example.com
- You can text your video to 360-395-8107.
Videos must be turned in by February 28th. Final cast list will be posted by March 6th.
Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If Cast, What Is The Commitment?
- Rehearsals three times a week via Zoom (M-W-F) – March 8 thru April 16
- Filmed performance at Anacortes Community Theatre between April 12th and 30th
- Recorded vocal performance at Anacortes Community Theatre between March 22 and April 16
Please start by filling out the audition form. th